Thursday, January 31, 2008

Custom Sewn wedding dress

Ok, so before the first of the year, I was working on a request from a friend. I offered to make her wedding dress. (yes, I'm insane...LOL ) The pattern she chose was wonderful, easy to make. Thsi was a fully lined a-line dress with princess seams. I think it turned out well, she loved it.
Pic heavy...
this stuff was like cutting a cloud. This is the material for the undersleeve. Beautiful, light, airy stuff.


under sleeve cut out.





This is the main sleeve/over sleeve. It was a long draping poet sleeve. Since the interior of the sleeve was visible, I lined it with the same material as the dress, not lining material.






These are obviously cutting out the pattern. I cut the two layers of satin and the two layers of lining at the same time. It saved my sanity...LOL Actually, it was easy, it was just faster to cut them out at the same time.









An in process shot...

Look at that train....





Finished!! Waiting for delivery. I finished it at about 2 am. The wedding was on New Years Day. (which also happens to be my Noah's birthday!)
This is a close up of the applique on the front. It uses cording, fire-polished Chech beads, and hemitite tube beads. I think it turned out pretty good!





A happy bride. (yes, I know the exposure is horrid, but I had to bump it way up... I took a lousy picture.)

Many years of happiness to you both!!

3 comments:

marye said...

great job,Monica. :)

Carissa said...

Wow, that looks wonderful!

Monica said...

Thanks Marye!