Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2008- new year.....

Well, we made it down to my MiL's home and had a great stay. I still have to unpack, then I get to update here tomorrow. The wedding went great, and the dress fit (YEA!!). So, I figure this is as good a place as any to post some goals for the new year.

1. Jim and I have given up all sodas and fries.... bummer... they're soooo yummy!
2. One of my big ones for the year. Jim and I are reading thru the Bible in a year. Our church gave out a simple dayplanner with daily readings on each day. We have made it thru our reading each day so far. each day is a step in the right direction.
3. get more consistant with my prayer life. I struggle with this as well. I talk to God most of the time. (He probably wishes I'd shut up...lol)But I really want a set aside prayer time, focused, just being with Him.

Guess I'll check back once a month with my progress on those. Hopefully I'll be more consistant on posting here. I'm starting to go thru a book I got, 'Grieving the Child You Never Met." So validating. I guess my biggest fear is that this son will be forgotton.... and I can't forget. I told Jim on the way home, I guess God called Ferne home so she could rock our baby.... works for me......

On with 2008!

No comments: