Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rowan's Birthday

Happy Birthday Rowan!!!!!!!!! How hard it is to believe she's a year old already.. Of course she walks, and has started talking a touch. It s still always hard to believe she's grown that much.

Well, here's some birthday pics.












We had a lot of fun. The cake, is a pineapple upside-down cake from Marye at Baking Delights.







Let me tall you, this is not your regular pineapple upside down cake!! Oh My Goodness!!!!! The cake is a sponge cake, light and fluffy. I left out the nuts (we don't care for them) and the rum flavoring and marchieno cherries (we can't do artificial flavors or colors), but the product was definately not sub par because of these exclusions!!! I cooked it in a 10" springform pan, which worked really well.....well, except for the butter dripping out of the bottom... My bad. I should have wrapped the bottom in foil... oh well, live and learn. The cake was light and fluffy, not heavy and sticky sweet like the upside down cake I grew up with. Jim, my dh, can't stand pineapple upside-down cake. He was very disappointed that I was making this for her birthday.. he wanted yellow cake with chocolate frosting... bummer for him. However, he had a taste of the batter, and had to try a slice. Aroma, intoxicating. He said there was only one thing wrong with the cake.... there wasn't enough of it! LOL I totally agree... We cut it into 8 slices, just enough for everyone to have a piece... yum...... needed more.... yum...... We will DEFINATELY make this again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAh Monica! I am so glad you liked it!